Attention Greenfield Residents – Pathlight has a new Shared Living opportunity in your area!!!
We are currently seeking a home for a local man who already has established community connections and would like to remain in Greenfield. He loves his town! For anonymity’s sake, we’ll call him “R.” Our priority for R. is to find him a future home near the center of Greenfield, so he can continue to walk to his favorite places without having to rely on rides.
What type of homes would be a good fit for R. specifically? Well for starters, it’s important to note that at this point in his life, he would prefer not to live with children. He is fine with pets of all shapes and sizes though, so that is a non-issue. As. R. is very independent, Care Providers wouldn’t need to stay at home or work remotely, but some flexibility would be needed.
Below is some additional information/important facts potential Care Providers might want to know about R.:
- OUR SPARE BEDROOM IS ON THE 2ND FLOOR. WILL THAT BE AN ISSUE?: R. doesn’t have any physical limitations or restrictions, so it will not matter if his room is located on the first or second floor.
- DO I NEED TO HELP WITH TRANSPORTATION?: While all Care Providers should be willing and able to help with transportation needs when necessary; as long as your apartment or home is located near the center of town, he has no issue with (and actually enjoys!) walking to his favorite spots. It’s important to note though, that he will need some supports and re-training regarding pedestrian safety skills and best practices.
- DOES HE NEED SUPPORT WITH PERSONAL CARE?: While he doesn’t need physical assists, Care Providers should be comfortable giving support, supervision, and prompting around Activities of Daily Living (showering, brushing teeth, etc.), as well as some assistance to adequately complete certain tasks (such as doing laundry).
- WHAT OTHER SUPPORTS WOULD HE NEED?: R. will require help with cooking, meal prep, and grocery shopping. He has diabetes and will also need reminders to make healthy choices. Additionally, it’s important for future Care Providers to be patient, as R. sometimes has trouble articulating his wants and needs and can get frustrated if someone can’t understand him or he feels rushed to speak.
- WHAT ARE SOME OF R.’S FAVORITE THINGS TO DO?: R. likes to keep himself busy and spends a lot of his time going around visiting the local business of Greenfield! He loves going to Greenfield Garden Cinemas to watch movies, working out at Franklin County’s YMCA, and attending community sporting events. When he’s not out on one of his walks, he enjoys metal detecting and watching shows on Animal Planet and Discovery Channel.
Ideal candidates for this role would have skills in working with individuals with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities (though not required), be able to establish clear and consistent routines, set reasonable limits, and provide structure. In addition to receiving the annual and generous TAX-FREE stipend, Care Providers for this rewarding opportunity are given training, case management supports, and respite.
If interested, call 413-731-4545, email Info@PathlightGroup.org, or visit https://pathlightgroup.org/programs-and-services/shared-living/ and fill out a Shared Living Interest form!
Lastly, we just want everyone to know that R. has such a pleasant personality! On behalf of him and Pathlight’s team, we ask you to please consider sharing this opportunity! His perfect Shared Living match is out there- we just need for them to see this….