Attention Franklin/Hampshire residents - Pathlight has a new Shared Living opportunity in your area!!!
We are currently seeking a home for a local woman who already has established community connections, as well as a deep fondness for Hampshire and Franklin County. For anonymity’s sake, we’ll call her “K.” Our priority for K. is to find her a future home in Northampton, South Hadley, Granby, or Amherst; however, additional towns will be considered if all other aspects of the Shared Living match are well suited.
What does a good fit look like for K. specifically? Well for starters, routine is critical for her, so households where schedules and plans are constantly changing might not be the best pairing. K. can be shy at first, but once she gets comfortable with a situation or person she is an extrovert. She loves forming close relationships with people- she is a social butterfly and very active in her community!
K. works on Tuesdays and Saturdays and attends her day program from 10AM-3PM Wednesday through Friday (She has the option of attending night classes). Care Providers don’t need to stay at home or work remotely, but some flexibility is needed. Below is some additional information/important facts potential Care Providers might want to know :
• IS SHE OK WITH PETS?: Homes with pets are fine as long as they are introduced to K. properly.
• WHAT ABOUT FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN?: While she hasn’t lived with children before, that doesn’t mean it can’t be an option moving forward.
• OUR SPARE BEDROOM IS ON THE 2ND FLOOR. WILL THAT BE AN ISSUE?: K. doesn’t have any physical limitations or restrictions, so it will not matter if her room is located on the first or second floor.
• DO I NEED TO HELP WITH TRANSPORTATION TO THE DAY PROGRAM?: All Care Providers should be willing and able to help with transportation needs when necessary; however, K. uses the PVTA.
• DOES SHE NEED SUPPORT WITH PERSONAL CARE?: K. doesn’t need physical assists when it comes to her ADLs (Activities of Daily Living – i.e. showering, brushing one’s teeth, etc.), however, she will require prompting. She will also need supervision and support around things such as money management, meal prep, safety awareness for social media, etc.
• WHAT ARE SOME OF K.’S FAVORITE THINGS TO DO?: K. loves going to restaurants, listening to music, and socializing with her peers. She is very familiar with the local resources in Hampshire County. K. also enjoys going for walks, getting dressed up, taking photos, and participating in Special Olympics (swimming) and dances. Like we said before, she’s a social butterfly!
Ideal candidates for this role would have skills in working with individuals with developmental and/or intellectual disabilities (though not required), be able to establish clear and consistent routines, set reasonable limits, and provide structure. In addition to receiving the annual and generous TAX-FREE stipend, Care Providers for this rewarding opportunity are given training, case management supports, and respite.
If interested, call 413-731-4545, email Info@PathlightGroup.org, or visit https://pathlightgroup.org/programs-and-services/shared-living/ and fill out a Shared Living Interest form!
Not a match for you? On behalf of K. and Pathlight’s team, we ask you to please consider sharing this opportunity with others!